Where can I sue a background check company?

Because the FCRA is a federal law, you have the option of filing your suit in federal court, although you can also file in state court.

Geographically, there are a number of different venues to consider – you can file in your home jurisdiction or in the jurisdiction where the company you are going to sue is based.

Let us help you evaluation your legal options.

If, after an evaluation of your case, we take you on as a client, we can work through the pros and cons of each of these options with you. You may be entitled to for any lost wages and emotional distress, and a possible award for statutory damages up to $1,000.00.

Speak with an attorney for free:

Our attorneys offer a free evaluation. We’ll speak with you to understand your situation and discuss your options.

Click here to begin.