What can I get if I sue a background check company?

If an employer or background check company has failed to follow the FCRA, you may have a legal claim.

If your claim is successful, you can obtain:

(1) your actual damages, such as lost wages and emotional distress, and
(2) an award of statutory damages of between $100 and $1000.

You may also have the opportunity to serve as the representative in a class action case, which would allow you to help recover damages for a larger group of people.

If’s free to speak with us, just use the contact form on this page.

Background Check Issues?

Our attorneys will evaluate your background report for free. We’ll gather the details and discuss your options.

Click here to begin.